Privacy, Website Cookies and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal data may be processed by ASCERI (Association des communautés sportives des instituts de recherche Européens), with its registered office in France, Avenue des Martyrs 71, 38000 Grenoble, with registration number W381024164.
ASCERI is the association of the sports communities of the European research institutes which aims to contribute to a united Europe through regular sports meetings, bringing together members of public Research Institutes at European level.
Which personal data do we process?
As far as necessary within the scope of our mission and activities, we collect and process your personal identification data and interest.
During an event in which you are taking part, specific or non-specific audiovisual material (e.g. picture, images) can be processed. Prior to the participation of a (sports) event, you will be requested to provide further personal data necessary for the organisation of the participating sport discipline(s) as foreseen in the vademecum, when required by the organising institute or by law.
We process your payment details through our bank and its online payment platform.
Why and on which basis do we process your personal data?
When you register for or participate in an event of ASCERI, this constitutes an agreement. On the basis thereof, we process your personal data for the purposes of managing the event administration. If you fail to provide the required data, you will not be able to register for the event at hand.
In order to comply with legal obligations.
As organiser of annual sports events, we will process the results of the competition and create statistics based on the results and participants. This creates an legitimate interest for processing these data.
In some cases, ASCERI will request your explicit consent to process your personal data. When you pose for a specific picture, this constitutes such explicit consent. ASCERI may edit and spread these pictures for publication and promotion purposes (e.g. through the press and/or for publication on its website, social media, leaflets).
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect information about you:
- directly from you, such as the information you provided to us when you registered to an event;
- from other sources, such as the person registering you for the visit or event, your peers;
- from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn or the corporate website of the organization you are working for; and
- by means of cookies. For more information on the cookies we use, please see below.
With whom do we share your personal data?
To fulfil the above purposes, ASCERI will only share your personal data with third parties if one of the following circumstances applies:
- for executing a service for ASCERI, e.g. hosting, online form building, mailing platform, payment services;
- if required by the co-organizing institute;
- for meeting a legal obligation.
ASCERI does not intend to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organisation outside the EEA.
ASCERI does not transfer your personal data to any online advertising service.
For how long will we store your data?
ASCERI retains your personal data for as long as it is relevant for its purposes and as legally required.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
ASCERI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every person is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: you have the right to request access to your personal data and request a copy;
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that ASCERI corrects any information you believe is inaccurate or to complete information that you believe is incomplete;
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that ASCERI erases your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to restrict the processing of data to the extent this request is compatible with the purposes of processing.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object processing of your personal data to the extent this request is compatible with the purposes of processing.
Furthermore, you could withdraw your given consent (without this having an effect on the lawfulness of the prior processing).
You can exercise your right by sending an e-mail to the below mentioned address, accompanied by proof of your identity.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our processing of your personal data as described in this privacy notice, please contact us at ASCERI dpo.
A cookie is a text file saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. It contains information such as certain preferences, so that you do not have to enter this information again the next time you visit the same website. Some cookies make sure that a website application works properly. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Your browser settings enable you to block the use of or to delete cookies. In few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
You are presently connected to the website of the ASCERI association.
Website editor: Association of the Sport Communities of the European Research Institutes
Director of the publication : Anne-Françoise Maydew
Posting a hypertext link to the www.asceri.org site requires prior written authorisation. Send your request to ASCERI association.The ASCERI shall in no wise be held liable for access to websites that contain a hypertext link from the www.asceri.eu site, and shall bear no liability for the content, products, services, etc. available on these sites or from these sites.