The sports clubs of JRC-Petten supported by the local COPAS Welfare Committee have the pleasure to invite you to the Alkmaar region, North-Holland, for the 2014 ASCERI Autumn Tournament from 12 to 15 Sep.
The event marks the 50th Anniversary of the Ball Sports Club founded in 1964 as the Football and Volleyball Club for the JRC-Petten staff and their families.
As the Joint Research Centre’s Institute for Energy and Transport is somewhat special amongst the ASCERI members in that it is located in the beautiful dunes of North-Holland, just a few hundred meters from the North-Sea coast, we have chosen ‘beach’ as a theme for the event. The event hotel is at about 300 m walking distance to the North Sea; the opening event is going to in a “strand tent”, as they call it here and we would like to offer you beach volleyball as a fun competition.
We are looking forward to an enjoyable event and hope to be welcoming many of you at the beaches of North-Holland in September.
Look at the final leaflet PDF
Autumn Tournament 2014 Programme(still to be refined)
Friday 12th September 2014
- Arrival of teams at Hotel Zuiderduin, registration until 19.00 hrs
- 19.30 hrs. Walk form Hotel to beach restaurant "De Schelp", ca. 400m
- 20.00 hrs. Opening Event : Dinner, welcome adress, pool drawing
Saturday 13th September 2014
- 09.00 hrs. - 17.00 hrs. 20th IFKEF – Football : At Voetbalvereniging Egmondia, Egmond aan Zee, www.egmondia.com (competition with 6 players per team)
- 09.00 hrs. - 17.00 hrs. 25th ITEF - Tennis : At clubhouse of JRC-Petten, Chruchilllaan, Bergen/NH, or indoor courts de Beeck, Bergen/NH
- 11.30 hrs. - 19.30 hrs. 13th IGEF - Golf : Golfbaan Sluispolder, Alkmaar, www.sluispolder.nl, optional dinner after competition
- 09.00 hrs. - 17.00 hrs. Badminton : Europahal, Bergen/NH, (gym of European School)
- 09.00 hrs. - 16.00 hrs. Beach Volleyball - Fun sport! : Beach in Egmond aan Zee, walking distance from hotel, or (weather!) Europahal, Bergen/NH, (gym of European School)
- 10.00 hrs. - 17.00 hrs. Cart Racing - Fun sport! : Cart racing centre “Silverstone”, Zwanenburg, near Amsterdam
- Saturday evening free
Sunday 14th September 2014
- 09.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. 20th IFKEF – Football : At Voetbalvereniging Egmondia, Egmond aan Zee (competition with 6 players per team)
- 09.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. 25th ITEF - Tennis : At clubhouse of JRC-Petten, Chruchilllaan, Bergen/NH, or indoor courts de Beeck, Bergen/NH
- 09.00 hrs. - 16.00 hrs. 13th IGEF - Golf : Countryclub Regthuys, Winkel, www.regthuysgolf.nl
- 09.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. Badminton : Europahal, Bergen/NH
- 09.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. Beach Volleyball - Fun sport! : Beach in Egmond aan Zee or Europahal, Bergen/NH
- 10.00 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. Cart Racing - Fun sport! : Cart racing centre “Silverstone”, Zwanenburg
- 19.00 hrs. Departure of buses from hotel for closing event
- 19.45 hrs. - 01.00 hrs. Closing event : Location in Alkmaar envisaged / Speeches – dinner – trophies – life music - dance
Monday 15th September 2014
- Departure of teams
Hotel Zuiderduin in Egmond aan Zee, (www.zuiderduin.nl), the hotel we have selected for this event, is a 4-star hotel that is equally suitable for family holidays at the sea as it is a major conference venue in the region. It has sufficient capacity to accommodate all participants in the Autumn Tournament and the walking distance to the beach is just about 200 m. The hotel offers many additional amenities, including an indoor pool, a gym, a sauna, a squash court, table football, pool tables, a bowling alley, a bicycle rent service; some of these are free of charge for hotel guests.
Participants are kindly requested to make their own reservations before 2 June 2014 in view of the expiration of the block reservation of rooms for the event. using http://www.zuiderduin.nl/en/business/congress.html.
Note that there is a small number of 3-bed rooms available – at the same price per person as in a double room. This might be an option worth considering when otherwise a single room would have to be booked.